BackgroundTri-County Partnerships, Inc. was organized in July 1994 to facilitate the community mini-grants program. Fifty-four groups from the region were awarded $108,000 to implement community projects. The purpose of the organization is to encourage community and county groups to build stronger communities and a healthier economy and to initiate projects that encourage collaboration and skill building within the tri-county area.
The Tri-County Partnership addresses a multitude of needs in Roane, Calhoun and Wirt County communities providing a holistic approach to community improvement. The partnership is composed of all segments from the communities in our regions including representation from, public agencies, low-income individuals and private business representatives.
Through collaborative efforts with local agencies and other stakeholders, Tri-County has promoted the following community development initiatives:
* GEAR (Green Energy and Action Research)
* Development of the Bessie Jones Memorial Park in Walton, WV
* Development of the Spencer Skate Park
* Charles Fork Accessible Fishing Pier Project
* Calhoun County Foster Parent Support Group
* Roane County Energy Express Program
* Local Harvest Potluck and Workshops promoting Local Foods
* Roane Counties Farmers’ Markets